To celebrate the 250th anniversary of Beethoven’s birth, the Dino Ciani Festival and Academy will give eleven young pianists the opportunity to explore the piano works of Beethoven in an intensive 10-day masterclass with internationally-acclaimed artist Jeffrey Swann. One of the first of its kind, the Beethoven Piano Masterclass will take place entirely online using one of the internet’s most advanced platforms for classical musicians, mfclassrooms.com.
The masterclass will offer not only offer one-on-one instruction with Jeffrey Swann, but also:
- a seminar on online audio and visual streaming techniques, given by concert pianist and pedagogue Roberto Prosseda;
- ongoing computer technical support for the duration of the masterclass;
- full access to Jeffrey Swann’s interactive lecture series on Beethoven’s piano works (see below), as well as all lessons;
- the opportunity to play in an online streaming performance at the end of the course;
- a certificate of participation
The Masterclass will accept eleven participants, to be informed three weeks before the commencement of the masterclass. Each student will receive 2.5 hours of instruction: one lesson of 1 hour, and two lessons of 45 minutes.
For more information, please visit our 2020 Piano Masterclass page.